Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Painter


This might look a bit different from the illustrations I usually do, because I used painter for the whole picture and drew only some details in photoshop. I'm taking a "Painter"-class this semester and I have to draw two pictures in Painter for that to show that I'm capable of using Painter. So I started without having any idea about the final painting and I ended up with this.

I think I like it. Sometimes it's nice to just draw and not think about to much while doing it.

I took two process shots at the beginning but then forgot to take some more during painting...So just these two then:

4 comments:

alex said...

is ja krass, kompletto einfach der farbe heraus gemalt, und dann am anfang schon so stilsicher? reschpekt, maike. finde ich großartig wie du da rangehst. alex_d

Annette Köhn said...

Tja, Alex... die Maike ist einfach krass! Ich bin auch immer wieder baff...

Maike said...

@Alex: Danke!:)
@Annette: Ähm...okay.

Anonymous said...

She could be the sister of Gandalf

http://www.john-howe.com/portfolio/gallery/details.php?image_id=71